Sunday, January 1, 2012

day 10: relaxing day by the 'beach'

As I am recovering from my flu, Bun didn't think it was a good idea to cycle into Old Bagan, which is approximately seven kilometers away.

We decided to take a day off and just chill. And we found the perfect place to have a nice slow lunch.

Just three minutes walk from the market is The Beach Bar and Restaurant. Overlooking the shallow stretch of the river, there were locals doing their laundry and sunning their clothes.

It was one of our most expensive meals, and the restaurant charges 10 per cent government tax and 10 per cent service charge, but we were completely satisfied when we walked out.

Seems like a great place for drink at sunset. If not for my flu, I would have taken advantage of the affordable cocktails. At less than S$10, the margaritas were really tempting!

They have the best restrooms I have seen so far in my entire trip, complete with beautiful wood framed mirrors.

Cost (US$1 = 750 kyat):

  • 11,200 kyat - grilled chicken and pork fried rice lunch for two

No comments:

Post a Comment